Wilcoxon Accent PatternThis page uses accented 16th not patterns. Â It is used to develop rudimental style snare drumming. Â Download the PDF version and follow the instructions below.
- Label each line using downstrokes - D,Â upstrokes - U,Â fullstrokes - F, orÂ tap strokes - T.
- Play each line as written
- Replace each accent with a double bounce
- Replace the note each accent with a double bounce (if there are there are two or more consecutive accentsÂ play the bounce after the last accent )
- Replace all non-accents with double bounces
- Replace the accent with flams